Thursday, March 11, 2010

So I went on the internet this afternoon. Guess what I found...
  • Darwin helped pioneer the Office Chair. Yeah, that Darwin.
  • This Monastery was so ridiculously placed that monks enter and exit the building by way of ladders and hand-lowered nets. For the lazy, it is on the top of a thin stone spike, with no stairwells. Seriously now, "God made me do it" is hardly an excuse for murder, let alone putting a church on top of a rock. Not cool, churchy dudes.
  • When the aliens finally attack, this man will be the first to be barbequed by death-rays.
  • This woman went to the doctors, complaining of abdominal pains. It turns out she was pregnant - like, nine months pregnant. Like, gave birth three hours later pregnant.
  • Now this next link is --
I'm sorry, but HOW DO YOU MISS PREGNANCY!?! Usually the developing fetus is fairly prominent symptom, along with the enormous baby bulge, lack of menstruation and a whole host of other 'you are obviously pregnant' signs and signals. Surely doctors would be quicker to diagnose pregnancy in a 21 year old in a stable relationship, than a House-style combo of severe Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Gout?! Didn't these doctors do a medicine degree? Isn't the most common bodily function in the animal kingdom high on their diagnostic lists when confronted with a case such as this? What lunacy drove them to ignore it?

...Ahem.
  • Now this next link is good news for those of... me... who sit in front of their computers all day, but never watch TV. You see, TV makes you fat, not Computers. Yay. I have an excuse now. (I don't)
  • The biggest game since God, played worldwide with nine times the subscriber base of WoW, was made in five weeks. Seriously.
***

I have a confession. I think that xkcd has SERIOUSLY gone downhill since the heady days of like a million years ago. My proof: Today's comic plus this edition of 'Hijinks Ensue' from last year. Read the post underneath it. It is god damn identical.

Randall Munroe: I disown you.

No comments:

Post a Comment