OH WAIT.
Its a laserbeam clock! It is illegal in NSW, because you might shine your clock at planes and kill thousands. But as anyone who knows me would tell, any clock capable of the murder of thousands is a clock I want on my bedside table.
*****
I finally have a name for a condition that has mildly affected my daily life since birth. You see, when I look at bright lights, or go from a dimly lit room (like my room) to a brightly lit room (like outside) I sneeze twice. Always exactly twice, although with up to 30 seconds of gap between sneezes. I know that this has an inheritable component, because my Mum sneezes for a whole minute, and Mum tells me that my grandfather sneezes continuously for ten minutes when attacked by bright lights.
But Science, at last, has come to my aid. I now know that the syndrome I have inherited is called... ACHOO.
No, that wasn't me being clever, typing out my sneeze. That was Science being clever. It named the condition (if it even counts as that) Autosomal Cholinergic Helio-Ophtalmologic Outburst syndrome. Which shortens to ACHOO.
I now officially hate science.
But Science, at last, has come to my aid. I now know that the syndrome I have inherited is called... ACHOO.
No, that wasn't me being clever, typing out my sneeze. That was Science being clever. It named the condition (if it even counts as that) Autosomal Cholinergic Helio-Ophtalmologic Outburst syndrome. Which shortens to ACHOO.
I now officially hate science.
*****
You know whats awesome? Science! Specifically the science involved in this awesome tree. It's fruit grows on its branches and trunk. Picture time.

*****
Water is not colourless. Wikipedia says so. Water is in fact mildly blue, a fact that is obvious to anyone who has ever looked at a swimming pool, but somehow doesn't quite sink in until someone points it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment